Your Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Brake indicator light stuck on display
JensenBreck

[*] posted on 17-11-2017 at 11:49 AM
Brake indicator light stuck on display

We are at our wits end. We have a 2007 GEM elxd that we use as a food truck. We have had many battery/charging problems lately. The batteries would charge but we only got a couple miles before the turtle light would come on. The batteries were 2.5 years old so I thought it was a wiring, connection, or charging problem. I trailered it to the closest GEM dealer to get it looked at. They said everything checked out and that Polaris recommend getting new batteries. We got it home and decided to use it with the limited charge until we could replace the batteries again since it is an expensive repair. We plugged it in and the next morning it hadn't charged at all. A new issue that hadn't happened before we took it in to get looked at. They said that if the batteries were very low the charger wouldn't​ work so we needed to charge them individually until they had enough juice to charge from the car. So we did that and it still wouldn't charge. We set an appointment to get the batteries replaced locally and when we turned it one to pull it out of the cartport for the tow truck this emergency brake light indicator light was on the display and the car wouldn't move. The parking brake was not on and the wires to the switch had been bipassed last year so it is definitely not the brake. We have checked/cleaned connections, fuses, connected and disonnected wires and the computers hoping it would reset but it is still on. We can't​ move it to get the batteries fixed. We called GEM TECH number they directed us to the dealer who couldn't​ fix the problem we took it in to fix in the first place. I did call them though and they had no help to offer. Does anyone have ant ideas on how to resolve this issue and get my business running again.

For more details : teaser trailer

Go To Top